The BEST soup I’ve ever made! This soup checks all the boxes…whole food ingredients, packed full of nutrients, super comforting and satisfying, simple to make and got rave reviews at a family potluck!
I tripled the recipe to fill my slow cooker, but only used about 2 tbsp of Garam Masala and 1 tbsp of curry powder total and it was the perfect amount.
Go full fat with the coconut milk…your taste buds will thank you!
- 1 med-lg butternut squash
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- pinch of sea salt & black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2.25 tbsp curry powder or Garam Masala
- 1 1/4 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Drizzle police oil and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place squash face-down on a large baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
For the soup:
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine 2 tbsp oil and onion and sauce over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add salt, cayenne, cinnamon, curry/Garam Masala, coconut milk, and broth. Stir to combine. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- When squash is done cooking, remove flesh from skin.
- Add squash and broth mixture in a blender or use an immersion blender to puree until completely smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan and reheat or use a slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Registered Bioenergetic Practitioner