2 chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 Tbsp sesame seeds (for garnish, optional)
To Thicken Sauce:
2 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp cold water
Veggies of your Choice:
We used 1/2 bunch broccoli and a bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place diced chicken in crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- If adding veggies, add 1 hour before serving to maintain some of their texture.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetables into a bowl and pour sauce into small saucepan. Return chicken and vegetables to crockpot to keep warm.
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved and smooth. As sauce is boiling, slowly stir in cornstarch mixture and whisk until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken and veggies and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve over grain of your choice!