These peanut butter cookie dough bites from Oh She Glows are even better than traditional cookie dough and they’re WAY better for you too! They can be stored in the freezer for a quick and easy snack!
- 1 tsp (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125ml) almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) fine-grain sea salt
- 2 tbsp (30ml) mini dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- In a high-speed blender, blend the oats until a fine flour forms. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the almond flour, oat flour, and salt and beat again until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls (about 1 tbsp/15ml of dough each). If chocolate chips fall to the bottom of the bowl, press them back into the dough when rolling. Place the finished bites on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the bites for 5 to 10 minutes, or until firm. Store the bites in the freezer.
Note: for a nut-free version, simply swap sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter and more oat flour for the almond flour (add a splash of non-dairy milk in the dough is a bit dry).
Source: The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon