Osteopathy treats the cause, not the symptoms. Osteopathic Manual Practitioners assess and treat your body as a whole; seeking to identify areas of the body that are not functioning optimally then gently ease these restrictions so that normal function can resume. Osteopathic Manual Practitioners use a variety of hands-on therapies to identify any stress or restriction within the body, including postural and joints restrictions to the circulation of fluids.
Common Conditions Treated with Osteopathy
Treatment is not limited to the conditions listed below, you can always inquire about other conditions by emailing or calling the clinic.
– Back pain
– Neck pain
– Herniated/bulging discs
– Tendonitis or bursitis
– Jaw pain and TMJ syndromes
– Chronic pain
– Acute pain
– Headaches or migraines
– Ligament or muscle sprains
– Digestive disorders
– Circulatory problems
– Genitourinary problems
– Sinus congestion/ irritation
- Joint Mobilization –putting the joint through its ranges of motion, gradually increasing its mobility to free any restrictions.
- Muscle Energy Techniques – voluntary contraction of the patients muscle against a controlled counterforce from a precise position and specific direction. Then there is a relaxation period and finished with the stretching of the muscle(s) contracted.
- Soft Tissue Technique – manipulation of soft tissue surrounding joints
- Visceral Manipulation gentle and specifically placed manual forces to the organs to encourage normal movement in areas where physiologic motion is impaired.
- Cranio-Sacral Techniques – works with the ‘flow’ and pressure of the fluid surrounding the brain and down the spinal cord by releasing tension using the head and tailbone as levers.
Benefits of Osteopathy
1. Promote deeper breathing.
2. Improve posture.
3. Improve circulation.
4. Increase and promote joint flexibility.
5. Enhance a calm mind.
6. Reduce anxiety.
7. Increase self-awareness.
8. Prevent injury.
9. Chronic and acute pain relief.
10. Improve athletic performance.
11. Decrease muscle tension and spasm.